How To Get DTRE Approval – What is DTRE Scheme and DTRE Rules – How to Get Approval of DTRE (Duty And Tax Remission Scheme)
How to obtain DTRE Approval and What Documents are Required ?
We received many requests from our readers asking about DTRE scheme and the process to get its approval, after Googling it we found that there is no sufficient information available on the internet regarding this topic. therefore, we are going to discuss the complete procedure to get DTRE approval and What documents are required to obtain DTRE approval, We will also discuss here DTRE rules such as DTRE rules for Import Clearance, DTRE rules for Domestic Supplies, DTRE Rules for Export Clearance.
Here we are trying to make this process simple and easy for the people who is new in this import and export business so that they can easily understand this step by step guide for DTRE application
Let’s start it!
What is DTRE Scheme?
DTRE (Duty & Tax Remission for Exporters) is a government`s temporary importation scheme, which allow trader to import duty free goods with intention to re-export it,
Mr. Ali is a garment exporter, He imported 10,000 kgs of dyes chemical from Canada in DTRE scheme (without paying any duty to customs), now he will use this chemical for dyeing (coloring) textile products like fibers, yarns, and fabrics, after stitching and coloring he will export these garments (Shirts, Jacket, etc.) out of the country.
(Note: In revised DTRE scheme following items shall not admissible: Pure Terephthalic Acid (PTA), Raw sugar and Cooking oil or Vegetable ghee or their raw materials; and the goods which are banned or restricted under the prevalent Import and Export Policy Orders on account of national security, public health and cultural, moral or religious considerations.)
Advantage of DTRE Scheme:-
- 0% customs duty is the biggest advantage of this scheme, we no need to pay any duty on import goods.
Disadvantage of DTRE Scheme:-
- We have to re-export that goods and we can`t use this imported goods for local market.
- In DTRE Scheme, only big exporters and large scale manufacturers are availing full benefit of duty-free raw material due to its lengthy and complicated procedures.
- Every Export container in DTRE, will 100% Examine by Customs department which create difficulty to catch planned vessel on time.
- As audit of DTRE takes up to six months.
- Limited time period for stocks utilization (In Revised DTRE Scheme it had been enhanced from 12 months to 18 months).
What is Duty DrawBack (Rebate) ?
As we know that when we import any goods so we have to pay customs duty first (if we not use any schemes).
The Duty Drawback Scheme enables exporters to obtain a refund of Customs duty paid on imported goods where those goods will be treated, processed, or incorporated in other goods for export;
Therefore, In DTRE`s Shipment we can`t claim duty drawback because we didn`t pay any duty at the time of import.
Procedure to Get DTRE Approval
1- Download DTRE Application Form (Appendix 1 SRO 450(I)/2001 dated 18.06.2001):-
First, download DTRE approval request form (from below given link) and fill this approval form very carefully, every column of this form should be filled, incomplete form will never accept.
- Copy of the company’s incorporation certificate
- Copy of CCI&E (Chief Controller of Imports & Exports) Registration
- Exporters national tax number certificate/evidence (NTN Certificate)
3- Submit Approval Form with Documents:-
Now we will submit these collected documents to the Assistant Collector/Deputy Collector of custom in Custom House DTRE approval department.
The Assistant/Deputy Collector will examine the application form and the supporting documents as follows:
- To verify the nature of the application i.e. direct exporter (manufacturer commercial exporter) or indirect exporter.
- To verify the contents of the export contract for applications.
- To verify compliance with pre-qualification requirements regarding export performance for application.
- To take note of the relationship between the estimated input to output ratios declared in Section (f) of the application form and to verify their consistency directly in relation to the description of the production process (including estimated wastage elements) as set out in Section (e) of the same form. Where an application is made by an indirect exporter, the validation of Sections (f) and (e) of his application form should be undertaken independently of the corresponding section already submitted by the direct exporter in his own application.
- To verify the PCT headings of the input goods along with the applicable tax and duty rate.
- To verify all other documentary requirements as specified in the attached Approver’s Checklist.
4- All unacceptable application will be entered in a DTRE Application Register, specifying the date of receipt the exporter registration number and the PCT Chapter heading of the intended exports.
6- The Additional Collector may approve or reject the application.
7- On approval, the Assistant / Deputy Collector shall stamp the application forms accordingly with the approval number and issue the following to the applicant along with a copy of the application:
- DTRE acceptance letter.
- An account sheet for imports.
- How to Download Form 181 FBR, IRIS-181, IRIS-14(I) and NTN Certificate for WeBOC Registration
- How to Find Genuine Buyers for Export Business in Pakistan – Pakistan Export Customs Data
- Import Custom Clearance Procedure with Cost/Fee/Charges in Pakistan (Total Kharcha)
- How to Confirm Whether a Company (Buyer/Supplier) is Fake or Real in URDU
- 5 Mistakes of Unsuccessful Importers in Pakistan (Why Import Businesses Fail)
- What to do When Your Package Held by Customs in Pakistan – Package Stuck in Customs Clearance Why?
- High Value & Most Demanding Import Products in Pakistan – List of High Demand Products, Import From Pakistan
- How to Get WeBOC SMS Notification Alert via Mobile SMS
- Complete procedure How to file Form-I In WeBoc – How to File EIF in WeBOC
- Custom Duty and Taxes In Pakistan
- Download Weboc`s Android Application
- Invalid HS Codes As Per Finance Budget 2016-17
- Download VGM Undertaking
- Undertaking For Anf Inspection
- SOLAS VGM Requirement for Pakistan
- What is SOLAS Convention
- Online Application of Certificate of Origin In Weboc
- Issuance of Certificate of Origin through WeBOC system
- Use WeBoc in Mobile Phone ( Android or Iphone )
- How to Make Child ID On Weboc
- Implementation Of Electronic “I” Form (Eif) Module
- Select Market For Export Your Product Or Services
- Getting Ready For Export Your Goods Or Services
- Prepare Yourself To Start Your Own Export Business
- Procedure to Get Karachi Port Trust Individual Pass (KPT Entry Pass)
- Download KPT Character Verification Form
- Customs Penalty for Not Placing Packing List and Invoice In Imported / Exported Cargo
- Procedure to Amend Electronic Form-E in Weboc
- Download Electronic Form-E in Weboc
- How Banks Will Obtain WeBoc User ID and Password
- How to Create Online Electronic Form-E Issuance Request in WeBoc (Video Tutorial In Urdu )
- How to Add Bank Branches In Weboc
- File Request For Issuance of Form E in Weboc
- GD Filing Time In Weboc
- License Renewal Procedure of Customs Clearing Agent
- How to Get Phytosanitary Certificate in Pakistan – Procedure to Get Fumigation Certificate In Pakistan
- What is a Form E – Export E-Form in Pakistan
- Weboc Registration Procedure (Video Tutorial in Urdu) – WeBOC Registration Procedure & Documents
- List of Certificate Required As Per Import Policy Order
- Create Export GD in Weboc Video Tutorial in Urdu
- How to Get Online National Id Card in Pakistan (Pak-Identity)
- Weboc Mobile Application
- How To Get a Pakistani Passport – Procedure to Apply for Pakistani Passport in Urdu – Pakistani Passport Renewal Procedure in Urdu
- Transshipment through Pakistan Railways
- Pakistan Customs Problems and Their Solution
- How to Get Certificate of Origin – How To Get FTA Certificate (China Free Trade Agreement) For Import & Export In Pakistan
- Hs Code of General Products
- How to Claim Rebate and what documents are required
- Download Duty Drawback Claim Undertaking Format
- Do not file GD till FTA certificate in original is not available
- How To Clear Export Customs – Complete Procedure
- Custom Duty on Solar Panels In Pakistan
- What is Goods Declaration (GD)
- Documents Required For Customs Clearance in Pakistan
- How Can I Get My Goods Declaration (GD) Online
- Car Import Schemes In Pakistan
- Import of Duty Free Car For Disable Person
- Forgot WeBoc Password
- How To Get WeBOC ID and Password (Required Documents Check List)
- Add Customs Clearing Agents License Number in Weboc.
- Find Container is Free For Use In Weboc.
- Container(is) already in customs process.
- Import of vehicles in Pakistan. (I.e. Car shipping, Vehicle shipping)
- How to File Goods Declaration (Gd) In Weboc – Weboc GD Filing Process