How to Get Certificate of Origin – How To Get FTA Certificate (China Free Trade Agreement) For Import & Export In Pakistan
What is FTA ( Free Trade Agreement )?
The Pak – China Free Trade Agreement signed between the People’s Republic of China and the Islamic Republic of Pakistan on 24th November, 2006. The document was signed by the Commerce Ministers of both the countries.
FTA Certificate is also called Certificate of Origin, it is a document used in international trade. It is a printed form, completed by the exporter or its agent and certified by an issuing government authorities of the exporting Party, attesting that the goods in a particular export shipment have been wholly produced, manufactured or processed in a particular country.
How to Get FTA Certificate? or Who will Issue Certificate of Origin ?
The Certificate of origin (FTA Certificate) will be issued by the Government authorities of the
* FTA Certificate for Import
We intend to import Kids Toys from China and we need an FTA Certificate to take some concession in custom duty using Pak – China free trade agreement so we request our exporter who lives in china to get this Certificate from concern government authorities of China and send us original certificate. They will charge some extra fees for issuing FTA Certificate.
* FTA Certificate for Export
We are chemical exporter, living in Pakistan, and we are going to export our chemical to China, but Buyer (Importer) also needs an FTA Certificate along with other documents (invoice, b/l etc) so here in Pakistan FTA Certificate will be issued by the Trade Development Authority of Pakistan Location: 5th Floor, Block A, Finance & Trade Centre P.O. Box No. 1293, Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi
Benefits of FTA Certificate (Pak – China FTA) or Certificate of Origin ?
Concessions in Customs Duty is Biggest advantage of FTA Certificate on eligible Goods.
Procedure to Get FTA Certificate in Pakistan ?
Here we see, how can we obtain FTA certificate and what documents are required?
First, we need to go Trade Development Authority of Pakistan`s office to collect required form (certificate of origin form) along with IT Performa, After Getting FTA form fill this form completely and collect below required documents.
Documents Required for FTA Certificate:
- Original Bill of Lading (B/L)
- Original Invoice (With Stamp & Sign)
- Goods Declaration Copy (GD)
Now collect above documents and Submit in Trade Development Authority of Pakistan Location: 5th Floor, Block A, Finance & Trade Centre P.O. Box No. 1293, Shahrah-e-Faisal, Karachi.
FTA Certificate (Certificate of Origin) Format:
- Understanding the Role of Notify Party in Import-Export: Key Concepts and Importance
- List of Items Banned for Import in Pakistan (Latest 2022)
- How to Export Dates (Khajoor) from Pakistan – Procedure | Required Documents | Charges
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Working with Customs Clearing Agent in Pakistan (Benefits & Losses)
- How to Find Genuine Buyers for Export Business in Pakistan – Pakistan Export Customs Data
- Import Custom Clearance Procedure with Cost/Fee/Charges in Pakistan (Total Kharcha)
- How to Confirm Whether a Company (Buyer/Supplier) is Fake or Real in URDU
- 5 Mistakes of Unsuccessful Importers in Pakistan (Why Import Businesses Fail)
- How to Import Personal and House Hold Goods of a Pakistani National Who Dies Abroad
- What to do When Your Package Held by Customs in Pakistan – Package Stuck in Customs Clearance Why?