How To Get a Pakistani Passport – Procedure to Apply for Pakistani Passport in Urdu – Pakistani Passport Renewal Procedure in Urdu
What is Passport?
A Passport is an official document usually issued by a country’s government, certifying the holder’s identity and citizenship for the purpose of international travel.
Pakistani Passport Images:-
Pakistani Passport`s Front Page
Pakistani Passport`s Detail Page
Type of Pakistani Passport:-
- Ordinary Passport.
- Diplomatic Passport.
- Official Passport.
- Hajj Passport (Now, No longer issued)
Ordinary Pakistani Passport:-
Ordinary Machine Readable Passport is issued to all citizens of Pakistan.
The Directorate General of Immigration & Passports will issue the Machine Readable Passport (MRP) valid for five years & Ten years subject to fee deposit.
Passport having validity of 05 years cannot be converted into validity for 10 years.
Children under 15 years of age will be issued Passport having 05 years validity.
Diplomatic Pakistani Passport:-
Diplomatic passports are issued by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to the Diplomats and other entitled categories in pursuance of Para-45 of Passport & Visa Manual, 2006.
Below list of persons entitled for diplomatic passports.
1. The President of Pakistan
2. The Prime Minister of Pakistan
3. The Chairman of Senate
4. The Speaker of the National Assembly
5. The Chief Justice of Pakistan
6. The Governors of Provinces
7. The Chief Ministers of Provinces
8. The Ministers (including Ministers of State of the Federal Government)
9. The Attorney General of Pakistan
10. i. Ex-Presidents and Ex-Prime Ministers.
ii. Spouse and Dependent children of Ex-Prime Ministers.
11. Ex-Chairman of Senate and Ex-Speaker of National Assembly
12. Special Assistants to the Prime Ministers
13. The Secretary, Ministry of Foreign Affairs….. etc..
See Complete List of Persons and also below topics in Para 45
* Children of Diplomatic Passport Holders
* Spouses of Diplomatic Passport Holders
* Application for Diplomatic Passport
* Issue, Renewal, etc, of Diplomatic Passport
* Loss or Theft of Diplomatic Passport
* Impounding/ Cancellation / Confiscation of Diplomatic Passports
Official Pakistani Passport:-
Official passports are issued to Pakistani Nationals who are Senators, MNAs, Provincial Ministers, Judges of the Supreme Court of Pakistan/High Courts, Officers serving with the Government and proceeding abroad on official assignments etc. in pursuance of Para-9 of Passport & Visa Manual, 2006.
i) Members of the National Assembly and Member of the
Senate; their spouses, parents and dependent, un-married
children upto 28* years of age.
ii) Wafaqi Mohtasib, Judges of the Supreme Court, High Courts
and Shariat Court, Chief Election Commissioner, Auditor
General of Pakistan, Chairman, FPSC, Chairman FST,
Members Election Commission of Pakistan*, their spouses
and dependent un-married children upto 28* years of age.
*Included vide Interior Division’s letter No. 3/53/2011-Pass dated 15-11-2011.
iii) Provincial Ministers and Advisers to the Provincial
Governments with the status of Provincial Minister /
Speakers / Deputy Speakers of the Provincial Assemblies.
See complete details in Para 9
* Documents Required for Passport in Pakistan *
Required Documents For Passport Application:
Following are the require documents for Pakistani Passport.
For Age 18 & Above (Normal/Urgent)
- Original Bank Challan (receipt) with appropriate fee deposits.
- Original Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC) issued by NADRA with its 2-photocopies.
- OLD Passport with its photocopy, if issued.
- NOC in case of a Government Servant.
- Foreign Passport along with its photocopy, for Dual-Nationality holders only.
For Age Under 18 (Normal/Urgent)
- Original Bank Challan (receipt) with appropriate fee deposits.
- Original Computerized Registration Certificate (CRC) issued by NADRA with its 2-photocopies.
- Parents Computerised National Identity Card (CNIC) with there photocopy.
- Foreign Passport along with its photocopy, for Dual -Nationality holders only.
* Passport Application Procedure *
Complete Procedure to Apply for Pakistani Passport:
Here we see How to Apply for Pakistani Passport, and what stages we need to follow at the Regional Passport Office (RPO) for obtaining the Machine Readable Passport (MRP):
We will go through the following steps at the Passport Office.
- Arrival at Customer Service Counter.
- Token Counter + Capturing of Photograph.
- Bio-metric Data Capture. (Finger Prints).
- Data Entry.
- Interview and Decision by Assistant Director.
- Passport Delivery Time (Collection of Passport).
NOTE: Before arrival at the Passport Office, the Original Bank Challan receipt must be acquired from the authorized branches of the National Bank in Pakistan & relevant bank branches for Foreign Missions respectively, by depositing an appropriate Passport Fee.
Step 1 – Arrival of Applicant at Customer Service Counter
Once applicant will reach the customer service counter at the Passport Office, they will check all required documents for passport apply. In case the applicant has all required documents,so he/she will be guided to the Token Counter in Passport Office.
In Machine Readable Passport all sorts of endorsements, including names of children in parents’ passports are prohibited therefore, Separate passport will be issued to each and every applicant irrespective of age.
Step 2 – Token Counter + Capturing of Photograph
The applicant will produce the original CNIC or Children Registration Certificate (CRC), in case of below 18 years of age, along with its copies and Bank Chalan Form.
The Camera operator will proceed with the capturing of the applicant’s photograph.
The token will be issued to the applicant.
Step 3 – Bio-metric Data Capture (Finger Prints)
After getting taken now applicant approach the Biometric Counter as soon as his/her token appears at Biometric Capturing Counter.
DEO at the Counter will capture his right thumb, right index finger, Left Thumb and Left index finger impressions.
Step 4 – Data Entry
Now applicant will go to the Data Entry Counters when his token number appears on the Counter.
The Operator will enter all required details of applicant while the data entry screen will also be visible to the Applicant.
In case of any correction in data the Applicant should guide by the Data Entry Operator accordingly. After the data entry the completed Data Entry Form will be printed by the operator and will be presented to the Applicant for verification(Passport Application Form).
The Applicant will verify all its contents by signing the form.
The applicant will be asked to collect duplicate token from the coordination assistant next to the data entry counter.
Note: any change in the data should be pointed out at this stage. once the information has been saved, for any modification the token will have to be cancelled and the applicant will have to go through the whole process again. in case of “go ahead” by the assistant director no change in the data will be possible and the applicant will have to re-apply for the passport by submitting the fee again under the modification category.
Step 5 – Verification as per Office Record (ECL/BL)
The verification against office record will be carried out.
Verification against Exit Control List (ECL) and Black List (BL).
In case of slightest doubt about the National Status of the applicant the case may be referred to Special Branch/IB for confirmation of his National Status as a citizen of Pakistan.
Step 6 – Interview & Decision by Assistant Director
Finally, the applicant will appear before Assistant Director when his token appears on AD counter along with all the original documents.
The Assistant Director will interview the Applicant and declare his verdict to the applicant whether his case is to be allowed go-ahead or overruled.
Assistant Director will defer the case of Applicant below 18 years of age and will hand over the printed form to the applicant for attestation of his photograph from a Class 1 Govt. officer.
The attester will have to write his/her CNIC No. along with the official stamp on the form.
On production of the completed form by the applicant previously deferred Token will be reactivated.
Passport Delivery Time (Collection of Passport):
After successful completion of the above stages, the Applicant will be given:-
10 working days time to collect his/her passport; in case of normal passport.
04 working days time to collect his/her passport; in case of urgent passport.
NOTE: Passports dispatched from the Headquarters for delivery to the applicants within prescribed processing periods could be tracked through SMS & Online Passport Tracking System, but to reach their destination, i.e. respective Regional Passport Office (RPO) or Foreign Mission (FM) they may take some shipment time.
Passport Fee in Pakistan:
Following fee (Passport Prices or Passport Cost ) will be applied for the getting Passport in Pakistan
|Passport Fee for 05 Years Validity|
|Passport Fee for 10 Years Validity|
Time Duration For Passport Delivery: or How long does it take to get a passport?
The existing manual system is replaced by the Machine Readable Passports (MRP’s). Machine Readable Passports will require not less than the following time duration, to be made available for its delivery after successfully processed.
Renewal of Passport in Pakistan: (Passport Renewal)
there is no restriction for renewal of passport before its expiry. Passport having full validity of 5/10 years can be issued to the applicants even if the existing passport has not completed its validity. However, a statement mentioning the reason for obtaining a new passport before its expiry may be obtained from the applicant. The existing passport may be cancelled and returned to the applicant. All other formalities may also be completed in the case.
Report Lost Passport:
In case of the loss of passport following formalities will be completed:
- Police report to be lodged with the nearest police station.
- Requisite fee as per nature of loss, i.e. 1st loss, 2nd loss, 3rd loss to be deposited in the Bank.
Passport Lost First Time:
Double Fee (with respect to the Passport’s Category)
Passport Second Time Lost:
Quadruple Fee (with respect to the Passport’s Category)
Third Time Lost:
(i) Pakistan’s Mission Abroad will issue emergency passport for return to Pakistan with an intimation to Dte. Gen. I&P.
(ii)In Pakistan, the case will be referred to Dte. Gen. I&P for further action.
Online Passport Application Tracking:- (Online Passport Status)
Ministry of Interior, Directorate General of Immigration & Passports provides this facility to check the Passport Application Status Online using their Online Passport Tracking System.
Register For Check Online Passport Status:-
We need a user name and password to login therefore, we will register first in order to avail this Passport Tracking Facility.
For Register Click Here.
For Login Click Here.
Rules For Passport Tracking:-
- Applicants can check the Status of Passport, processed within last 3 months.
- User Login must be created before availing the facility to track passport.
- Every successful Logged-In User can track passport for only 3 Times-Per-Day.
- This passport tracking service is Free of Cost.
Passport Offices in Pakistan:-
Complete List of Passport Offices in Pakistan Download Form here:
- How to Download Form 181 FBR, IRIS-181, IRIS-14(I) and NTN Certificate for WeBOC Registration
- How to Get WeBOC SMS Notification Alert via Mobile SMS
- Download Weboc`s Android Application
- Online Application of Certificate of Origin In Weboc
- Issuance of Certificate of Origin through WeBOC system
- Use WeBoc in Mobile Phone ( Android or Iphone )
- How to Make Child ID On Weboc
- Download Electronic Form-E in Weboc
- How to Create Online Electronic Form-E Issuance Request in WeBoc (Video Tutorial In Urdu )
- File Request For Issuance of Form E in Weboc
- Weboc Registration Procedure (Video Tutorial in Urdu) – WeBOC Registration Procedure & Documents
- List of Certificate Required As Per Import Policy Order
- Create Export GD in Weboc Video Tutorial in Urdu
- How to Get Online National Id Card in Pakistan (Pak-Identity)
- Weboc Mobile Application
- India Visa Requirements For Pakistani Citizens
- Passport Offices in Pakistan
- How To Get DTRE Approval – What is DTRE Scheme and DTRE Rules – How to Get Approval of DTRE (Duty And Tax Remission Scheme)
- Forgot WeBoc Password
- How To Get WeBOC ID and Password (Required Documents Check List)
- Add Customs Clearing Agents License Number in Weboc.
- Find Container is Free For Use In Weboc.
- Container(is) already in customs process.
- How to File Goods Declaration (Gd) In Weboc – Weboc GD Filing Process