Customs Penalty for Not Placing Packing List and Invoice In Imported / Exported Cargo
On 14 November 2015 we received a customs circular regarding violation of Rule 389 (Requirement of Packing List and Invoice in the Imported / Exported Cargo) of customs rule, 2001.
We are reproducing the subject and the body of circular here and scan copy of this circular can also download from the end of this post.
Subject: Pitch of Penalty For Violation Of Rule, 389 (Requirement of Packing List and Invoice in the Imported / Exported Cargo) of customs rule, 2001.
I am directed to refer to the subject cited above and to say that all such cases of violation of clear provision of the customs act, 1969, may be dealt with judiciously under the relevant provision of law with special reference to the amendment made in section 156 of the customs act 1969 during the budget 2015-16 to this effect instead of bench marking a fixed pith of penalty.
Here we tried to briefly explain what is Rule, 389 in Customs Act, 1969 and which documents we need to placed with our cargo, we will also slightly discuss about Rule, 390 and 391.
According to the Customs Act, 1969 Rule 389 All import cargo entered into the Customs area for clearance shall be accompanied with a copy of packing list and invoice in the following manner:-
(a) Containerized FCL cargo: The documents shall be placed on the inner side of the door of container. In case of multiple containers in a consignment, each container shall have such documents pertaining to goods inside it.
(b) Consolidated cargo and LCL cargo: The documents shall be attached to the goods or package at an obvious place. Each such container shall also have a consolidated packing list pertaining to goods inside it placed on the inner side of the door of container.
(c) Break bulk or bulk cargo: The documents will be furnished to Customs by the carrier on entry of conveyance into Customs area.
Rule 390: All export cargo entered into Customs area for clearance shall be accompanied with a copy of packing list, invoice and, in case of containerized cargo, a Consignment Note. These documents will be furnished to Customs by the carrier at the time of pass-in of goods for export.
Rule 391: Liability of placing such documents vests with the owner of goods as well as on the carrier. The owner of goods and the carrier will explicitly stipulate the requirement of placing documents in the manner prescribed above as an obligatory condition, to the person packing or shipping the cargo.
Download Scan Copy of SL No.149/2015
- How to Find Genuine Buyers for Export Business in Pakistan – Pakistan Export Customs Data
- How to Confirm Whether a Company (Buyer/Supplier) is Fake or Real in URDU
- 5 Mistakes of Unsuccessful Importers in Pakistan (Why Import Businesses Fail)
- High Value & Most Demanding Import Products in Pakistan – List of High Demand Products, Import From Pakistan
- Verify Your FBR Active Taxpayer Status Through SMS – Check Online FBR Active Taxpayer
- Transposition Of Hs 2012 To Hs 2017; Clearance Of In-Bonded Consignments
- Invalid HS Codes As Per Finance Budget 2016-17
- Download VGM Undertaking
- Undertaking For Anf Inspection
- SOLAS VGM Requirement for Pakistan
- What is SOLAS Convention
- Online Application of Certificate of Origin In Weboc
- Issuance of Certificate of Origin through WeBOC system
- Use WeBoc in Mobile Phone ( Android or Iphone )
- Implementation Of Electronic “I” Form (Eif) Module
- Automation Of Form-I In WeBoc
- Select Market For Export Your Product Or Services
- Getting Ready For Export Your Goods Or Services
- Prepare Yourself To Start Your Own Export Business
- Procedure to Get Karachi Port Trust Individual Pass (KPT Entry Pass)
- Download KPT Character Verification Form
- Procedure to Amend Electronic Form-E in Weboc
- How Banks Will Obtain WeBoc User ID and Password
- How to Create Online Electronic Form-E Issuance Request in WeBoc (Video Tutorial In Urdu )
- How to Add Bank Branches In Weboc
- File Request For Issuance of Form E in Weboc
- GD Filing Time In Weboc
- License Renewal Procedure of Customs Clearing Agent
- How to Get Phytosanitary Certificate in Pakistan – Procedure to Get Fumigation Certificate In Pakistan
- What is a Form E – Export E-Form in Pakistan
- List of Certificate Required As Per Import Policy Order
- Create Export GD in Weboc Video Tutorial in Urdu
- Transshipment through Pakistan Railways
- Pakistan Customs Problems and Their Solution
- How to Get Certificate of Origin – How To Get FTA Certificate (China Free Trade Agreement) For Import & Export In Pakistan
- Hs Code of General Products
- PUBLIC NOTICE 02 /2015(AW) – PENDING FINANCIAL SECURITIES IN BANK GUARANTEE CELL
- How To Get DTRE Approval – What is DTRE Scheme and DTRE Rules – How to Get Approval of DTRE (Duty And Tax Remission Scheme)
- PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 09 /2015 (EAST)
- PUBLIC NOTICE NO.__1____/2015 (AW)
- How to Claim Rebate and what documents are required
- PUBLIC NOTICE NO. 07/2015 (EAST)
- Download Duty Drawback Claim Undertaking Format
- Do not file GD till FTA certificate in original is not available
- How To Clear Export Customs – Complete Procedure
- Custom Duty on Solar Panels In Pakistan
- What is Goods Declaration (GD)
- Documents Required For Customs Clearance in Pakistan
- How Can I Get My Goods Declaration (GD) Online
- Car Import Schemes In Pakistan
- Import of Duty Free Car For Disable Person
- The Federal Employees Benevolent & Group Insurance Funds Grant Form
- Hackers Use FBR to Get Users Bank Account Details.
- Updated Customs Tariff 2014-2015
- Download Income Tax Payment Forms
- LIST OF Large Taxpayer Unit(LTU)
- List of Collector of Customs Pakistan
- List of Tax Offices Address and Contact Details.
- Sim Verification Or PTA Sim Checking
- Import Policy Order 2006 To 2013
- Export Policy Order 2013 Or Trade Policy Order of Pakistan.
- Find NTN Check Digit. Or Write NTN Correctly !
- Apply For New NTN Registration.