Custom Duty and Taxes In Pakistan
List of Import Duty & Taxes In Pakistan On Imported Goods
If you want to import goods into Pakistan so you must pay import duty and taxes on imported goods, whether you are a private individual or a commercial importer, For calculating import customs duty CIF (Cost, Insurance and Freight) value of the consignment will use. However, import duty can also be charged per unit of measure. Additionally to duty, imports are subject to sales tax (VAT), excise on some products, and import regulatory duty.
Import custom duty rates in Pakistan vary from 0% to 100%, Some Goods such as laptops, other electronic & meat of sheep or goats, etc.. Can be imported free of import duty.
Additional Custom Duty
1% additional customs duty also apply on all dutiable goods in Pakistan for imported goods.
All goods imported into Pakistan are liable to sales tax at the time of import, except goods specifically exempted under section 13, if exported by a manufacturer as mentioned in SIXTH SCHEDULE The Sales Tax Act, 1990 (Start From Page No.105). When applicable, the standard GST rate is 17% and the reduced rate is 5%, calculated on the sum of the CIF value.
Additional Sales Tax
Here in Pakistan Commercial importer will have to pay an extra 3% additional sales tax for imported goods.
There is a 6 % income tax in Pakistan for imported goods.
Cess Duty on imported goods in Pakistan vary from 0.9% to 0.95% of the CIF value of the consignment
Excise duty is applicable to merchandise such as liquor and tobacco items. It can be applied ad valorem calculated on the sum of the CIF value and applicable duty, or it can be specific, i.e. charged per unit of measure.
Import regulatory duty
Import regulatory duty is charged on some products at a rate between 5% and 50% calculated on the CIF value.
- What to do When Your Package Held by Customs in Pakistan – Package Stuck in Customs Clearance Why?
- Import/Customs Duties on Babies Diapers in Pakistan (In URDU) – Import duty for Baby diapers In Pakistan
- Customs Duty Calculation In Pakistan
- Sewing Machines and Servo Motors Fixed Custom Value.
- Hs Code of General Products
- How To Get DTRE Approval – What is DTRE Scheme and DTRE Rules – How to Get Approval of DTRE (Duty And Tax Remission Scheme)
- How to Claim Rebate and what documents are required
- Download Duty Drawback Claim Undertaking Format
- Car Import Schemes In Pakistan
- Import of Duty Free Car For Disable Person