Procedure to Register a New Imported Mobile in Pakistan (According to PTA Rule) – How to Register a Non-Compliant IMEI Device
Procedure to Register a New Imported Mobile in Pakistan According to PTA Rules
We are trying to explain the complete procedure to register a new imported mobile in Pakistan, we are going to discuss the following topics:
1) How an International Passengers can register their mobile devices at the Airport?
International Passengers: Such passengers at the time of arrival can avail the custom Kiosk facility available at the airports for registration of their mobile devices. Prior to arrival users can download and fill the mobile declaration form and hand it over to Customs official upon landing into Pakistan.
2) What Happened when Passenger forget to register their device IMEI at the Airport?
All such international passenger who didn’t avail Custom kiosk facility to register their device IMEI will be required to approach nearest custom house location and declare their device details. After fulfillment of their requirements, IMEI will be registered accordingly.
3) How to Register Mobile Phone Devices Which We received as Gift/Packages via courier postal services
Gift/Packages via courier postal services: Individuals intending to bring devices as gifts through courier services will be required to obtain CoC through PTA website https://dirbs.pta.gov.pk/drs/auth/login and upon fulfillment of their requirements, IMEI will be registered accordingly.
You will need the following documents to apply online:
1)Invoice for your phone (purchase receipt, bill or something like that)
2) Tracking number
3) Airway bill (it also includes the same tracking number. You can ask the store/website/seller you bought it from to send it to you via email)
4) Scanned copy of Customs Detention Letter (the one GPO sends to you, or in my case, I got it from them at GPO)
5) IMEI number(s) of your phone (written in the Customs Detention Letter)
6) Local tracking number (issued by GPO and written in Customs Detention Letter)
7) Scanned copy of your CNIC