Import Custom Clearance Procedure with Cost/Fee/Charges in Pakistan (Total Kharcha)
Import Customs Clearance Fee and Charges in Pakistan (Total Kharcha)
You will be able to answer these questions after reading this article (Import Custom Clearance Procedure with Cost).
- What is the import customs clearance fee and charges in Pakistan?
- What is the import custom clearance procedure with cost?
- How customs clearing agent work?
- Custom clearance requirements (documents)?
- Cost of import customs examination?
We will explain here everything which you need to know about custom clearance process in Pakistan and their fee.
Import custom clearance procedure & fee in Pakistan
So, let’s take a look at what is the import custom clearance procedure with cost and their fee, and charges. Don’t hesitate to skip ahead if one topic gets your attention:
- What documents are required and provided to the clearing agent for processing
- Custom clearance process starts with filing GD in WeBOC system
- Import customs examination procedure with cost/fee
- Import cargo laboratory test report (TR) charges
- Cost of releasing goods declaration (GD) from Appraising Officers
- Shipping line delivery order (DO) charges
- Shipping line security deposit rates/charges
- Terminal handling charges/cost in import Pakistan
- Collect all documents and get out goods from the port area
- Return empty container and get the security deposit back
What documents are required and provided to the clearing agent for processing
- Invoice for shipment.
- Packing list.
- Bill of lading.
- A copy of the Letter of Credit or Contract (if any).
- A copy of the Sales Tax Registration Certificate as an importer.
- A copy of the National Tax Number.
- Copy of the most recent sales tax return
Custom clearance process starts with filing GD in WeBOC system
Once the cargo vessel reaches the destination port and offloads cargo then custom clearance for imported goods started customs clearing agent checks whether an IGM (import general manifest) file in FBR’s website or not.
After checking IGM, now agent creates goods declaration (GD) in the WeBOC system and provide calculated import duty and taxes amount to the importer for issuing bank pay order.
After getting pay order, customs agent deposit pay order in a national bank for paying the duty and taxes.
WeBOC GD will automatically assign for the customs examination process, after successful payment of import duty and taxes.
Let’s talk about the cost of filing GD in WeBOC system. the WeBOC has the token system, one token require to submit GD and cost of one WeBOC token is Rs.500/-
Import customs examination procedure with cost or fee
A question must be arises in your mind. How customs officer examine your goods? and what they are looking for?
Customs examination officer will check all your cargo for suspicious items. They will also make sure all declared items must be present in your cargo if anything found that is not mentioned in goods declaration form (GD) so they take legal action against the importer.
Cost of import custom examination procedure cost or fee (Bole Tu Kharcha Paani) Rs.5000/– to Rs.25000/– estimates
Import cargo laboratory test report (TR) charges
After the successful physical verification of goods now customs officer will mark GD for a laboratory test or test report (TR) of imported products.
Import cargo laboratory test report (TR) charges Rs.2000/– to Rs.15000/- estimates
Cost of releasing goods declaration (GD) from Appraising Officers
Now, the WeBOC system will assign GD to the assessment process, here appraising officer check the declared unit value of the imported goods. If the declared unit value of the product not according to valuation ruling so the appraising officer will increase the value. If everything will be fine so they release the GD.
Cost of releasing goods declaration (GD) from Appraising Officers Rs.5000/– to Rs.20000/– estimates
Shipping line delivery order (DO) charges
After the clearing goods from customs, now agent will collect delivery order (DO) after the payment of the DO charges in Shipping line.
List of the Shipping Line DO charges (estimates), these rates vary from shipping line to shipping line:
- 40 Footer Container DO Charges Rs.40,000 to 45,000
- 20 Footer Container DO Charges Rs.36,000 to 42,000/-
Shipping line security deposit rates/charges
We also need to pay charges as a security deposit in shipping line.
Below is the list of security deposit rates, these charges are estimated, every shipping company has its own tariff (rates):
- 40 Footer Container Security Deposit Charges Rs.100,000 (Inside Karachi)
- 40 Footer Container Security Deposit Charges Rs.200,000 (Outside Karachi)
- 20 Footer Container Security Deposit Charges Rs.60,000 (Outside Karachi)
- 20 Footer Container Security Deposit Charges Rs.120,000 (Outside Karachi)
Terminal handling charges/cost in import Pakistan
Every container terminals (PICT, KICT, SAPT, QICT) have their own terminal handling charges.
- 40 footer container handling charges Rs.25000 to 30000 (average)
- 20 footer container handling charges Rs.20000 to 24000 (average)
Collect all documents and get out goods from the port area
Following are the documents required to get out the imported product from the port area.
- Goods declaration (GD)
- Delivery order
- Bill of lading
- Packing list
- Excise and customs duty payment slip copy
- Customs agents license copy
The agent collects all the above documents and reaches the post area to get the consignment out of the terminal area that’s all!
Return empty container and get the security deposits back
After unloading goods from the container, we have to return the empty container to shipping line so that they release our security deposit amount.
Following documents are required to get the security deposit from the shipping line:
- Bill of lading
- ER (Empty container return slip)
- Pay order copy
- Refund request letter (on Importer’s letterhead)
We tried our level best to explain import custom clearance procedure with cost, fee, and charges. As we discussed it will very difficult for the new importer to self customs clear their own cargo because they don’t know how to deal with customs officers in Pakistan on the other hand customs clearing agent professionally deal with them and can save you thousand rupees so we will recommend you to hire any professional agent.
We also know, it’s very difficult to find any specialist and professional customs clearing agent in Pakistan so don’t worry, we will help you to find customs clearing forwarding agent in Pakistan. you can WhatsApp on my number 03242500874, we will try to help you out.
- How to Import Personal and House Hold Goods of a Pakistani National Who Dies Abroad
- What to do When Your Package Held by Customs in Pakistan – Package Stuck in Customs Clearance Why?
- How to Choose the Right Customs Clearing Agent in Pakistan – Tips For Selecting Right customs broker
- Self Custom Clearance Procedures in Pakistan – How to Clear Goods From Pakistan Customs without Any Agent
- Is Customs House Agents (Clearing Agent) Required to be Appointed Mandatory in Import Export (URDU)
- Complete procedure How to file Form-I In WeBoc – How to File EIF in WeBOC
- Customs Duty Calculation In Pakistan
- Custom Clearance Procedure For Import In Pakistan – Required Custom Clearance Documents
- Undertaking For Anf Inspection
- List of Customs Collectors (East) with Contact Numbers.
- Exporter Attest Export Documents & Provide Undertaking
- How to Get Certificate of Origin – How To Get FTA Certificate (China Free Trade Agreement) For Import & Export In Pakistan
- How To Get DTRE Approval – What is DTRE Scheme and DTRE Rules – How to Get Approval of DTRE (Duty And Tax Remission Scheme)
- How to Create Import Goods Declaration (GD) in Weboc
- How To Clear Export Customs – Complete Procedure
- Car Import Schemes In Pakistan
- Import of Duty Free Car For Disable Person
- How to Clear Container From ANF Examination.
- Custom Examination Procedure For Export In Pakistan
- How To Register In Karachi Chamber of Commerce
- Documents Required for Export In Pakistan
- What Documents are Required For Export Custom Clearance? Or Documents For Clearing Agent.
- Import of vehicles in Pakistan. (I.e. Car shipping, Vehicle shipping)