Appraising Valuation Officer Duties In Pakistan Customs
August 3, 2016
Last Updated: February 15, 2019
What is the difference between Appraising and Valuation Officer In Pakistan? Or What are their duties?
The units of appraisers and valuation officers are kept up as two separate units with the particular seniority. Be that as it may, the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has overhauled and renamed the posts of customs officials under administrative changes in Pakistan Customs.
In this manner, it has been chosen to consolidate both these units into one unit to be called as appraising/valuation officer with joined seniority. They will be called as the appraising officer while posting on appraisement duty, and during posting on valuation, duty, they will be named as valuation officer.
Duties of Appraising / Valuation Officer In Pakistan
- Examination of import/export cargo/consignment/goods at wharfs/Dry ports/Airport/Customs stations and so on and identification of misdeclarations.
- Reconciliation/audit of temporary import bonds (Raw material & machinery).
- Evaluation of duty/taxes and determination of the value of the consignment as per the Customs Act, 1969.
- Affirmation of Pakistan Customs Tariff (PCT) headings, finds out and cross checks the worth, sort quality and the amount of the consignment.
Who appoints Appraising / Valuation Officer in Pakistan and what are the minimum qualification/experience required?
This job is related to of Federal Board of Revenue/Revenue Division and Federal Public Service Commission (FPSC) is announcing this job for Appraising / Valuation Office and allow candidates to apply for this online, only selected candidates will be called for written test,
Required Qualification and Experience For Appraising Valuation Officer Jobs
According to the Jobs description mention in the advertisement posted on the FPSC website for the post of Appraising and Valuation Officer in Pakistan Customs, the candidate must fulfill below criteria.
- Second Class or Grade ‘C’ Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Accounting, Law, Pharmacy, Chemistry, Computer Science, or Physics as one of the subjects or B.Sc. Engineering in any specialty.
- Computer literacy up to the level of MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel.